This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Fl Studio 9 and MidiNoteSampler not working

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hi.

I have compiled everything like instruction says.

But the problem is when i try to load sample MIDI Sampler plugin from FL Studio 9 i receive an error message.

Would anybody so kind as to send me some working MIDI sample with binary?

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Do I understand you correclty that you are trying to load the VST.NET Midi Note Sampler sample plugin into FL Studio 9?

• Which version of the source code did you use to compile?
  • Can you post the error message you received?

Thanx,
Marc

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM

>>Do I understand you correclty that you are trying to load the VST.NET Midi Note Sampler sample plugin into FL Studio 9?

Yes! Also i not able to see the plugins in VSTHost...

>>Which version of the source code did you use to compile?

I've tried both of them: 0.8 and lattest version from source code menu.

>>Can you post the error message you received?

"There was a problem opening Jacobi.Vst.Samples.MidiNoteSample/Jacobi.Vst.Samples.MidiNoteSample.net for an unknown reason. Please make sure it has been installed correctly" - nothing informative for me.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Hmm, nice error message ;-) Are there any log files you could look in or the event log?

What is the extension of the .net dll? is it .dll? in that case you could try vstdll instead of .dll. That should stop FL from loading it.

Did you compile all the source code? (Jacobi.Vst.Core, Jacobi.Vst.Interop and Jacobi.Vst.Framework)
or just the sample.

Note that the application download .zip also contains compiled versions of the samples. Please use the debug versions at this time.

Let me know how it goes.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:56 PM

10x for your responce.

Anyway, i've tried all of these options and with no result.

Can you send me come compiled sample with all required dll?

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM

VST.NET is currenly 32-bit only. Are you running FL in 32-bit?

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Yes!

Windows XP SP3

VS2010 (Compiled as .NET 2)

FL9

Anyway you have any correct answer or working sample?

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Check out this thread: http://vstnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=47252

Perhaps the VC CRT is not present on your system...?

Hope it helps.
Marc 

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Hi.

VC CRT is present. I have tried to reinstall but with no results.

Btw,, why i unable to see plugins in VSTHost?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM, obiwanjacobi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Check out this thread: http://vstnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=47252

Perhaps the VC CRT is not present on your system...?

Hope it helps.
Marc 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM

"why i unable to see plugins in VSTHost?"

I don't know. It works on my machine ;-)

I'm starting to run out of options here...

Can you attach VS2008 to VSTHost.exe and load one of the plugins (Delay or so) and turn "break on all exceptions" on...?

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM
>>Can you attach VS2008 to VSTHost.exe and load one of the plugins (Delay or so) and turn "break on all exceptions" on...?
How can i load if there is no plugin in list exept FL plugins.

Your plugins placed same dir FL plugins.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM, obiwanjacobi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

"why i unable to see plugins in VSTHost?"

I don't know. It works on my machine ;-)

I'm starting to run out of options here...

Can you attach VS2008 to VSTHost.exe and load one of the plugins (Delay or so) and turn "break on all exceptions" on...?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I thought you said they also didn't work in VSTHost.exe.

VSTHost has a load function and would perhaps provide some insight into what the problem is; perhaps the same problem why FL doesn't work...

To test in FL you could start the debugger with a command line that targets FL...

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM
How to start debugger?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM, obiwanjacobi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

VSTHost has a load function and would perhaps provide some insight into what the problem is; perhaps the same problem why FL doesn't work...

To test in FL you could start the debugger with a command line that targets FL...

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM
When i start Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host.exe:

Could not load file or assembly 'Jacobi.Vst.Interop, Version=0.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa678e13c1efc859' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:
How to start debugger?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM, obiwanjacobi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM
I get lattest version from source code.

1. I build general source code.

Error    2    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin\PluginCommandStubAdapter.cs    13    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin
Error    7    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    13    22    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    8    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\PluginForm.cs    16    16    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    9    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    37    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    10    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    74    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin\PluginCommandStubAdapter.cs    7    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin
Error    3    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\HostCommandStub.cs    4    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    4    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\PluginForm.cs    5    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    5    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\EditorFrame.cs    6    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    6    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    7    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:

Could not load file or assembly 'Jacobi.Vst.Interop, Version=0.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa678e13c1efc859' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

How to start debugger?

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM
I have managed to compile 1 midi sample without errors.

And now when i tried to rescan plugins in VSTHost i receive:

---------------------------
VST.NET Error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find the managed VST plugin assembly with either the .net.dll or .net.vstdll extension.

at Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName)

at Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssemblyByDefaultName(String interopAssemblyPath)

at Jacobi.Vst.Interop.Bootstrapper.LoadManagedPlugin(String pluginPath, Configuration config)

at Jacobi.Vst.Interop.VSTPluginMainInternal(Bootstrapper bootstrapper, IntPtr hostCallback)

File name = 'Jacobi.Vst.Interop'.

OK  

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:

Error    2    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin\PluginCommandStubAdapter.cs    13    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin
Error    7    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    13    22    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    8    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\PluginForm.cs    16    16    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    9    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    37    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    10    The type or namespace name 'VstPluginContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    74    17    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin\PluginCommandStubAdapter.cs    7    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.WrapperPlugin
Error    3    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\HostCommandStub.cs    4    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    4    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\PluginForm.cs    5    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    5    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\EditorFrame.cs    6    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host
Error    6    The type or namespace name 'Interop' does not exist in the namespace 'Jacobi.Vst' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\3\Samples\Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host\MainForm.cs    7    18    Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host

How to start debugger?

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM
I dont know why! But now plugin is succesfully loaded into VSTHost and FL studio without errors.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:

VST.NET Error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find the managed VST plugin assembly with either the .net.dll or .net.vstdll extension.

at Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName)

at Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssemblyByDefaultName(String interopAssemblyPath)

at Jacobi.Vst.Interop.Bootstrapper.LoadManagedPlugin(String pluginPath, Configuration config)

at Jacobi.Vst.Interop.VSTPluginMainInternal(Bootstrapper bootstrapper, IntPtr hostCallback)

OK  

How to start debugger?

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM
I think there was a problem in my DNA.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:50 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:
I dont know why! But now plugin is succesfully loaded into VSTHost and FL studio without errors.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM, 62316e 62316e <62316e@gmail.com> wrote:

VST.NET Error

OK  

How to start debugger?

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Good news.

Both the compile and runtime errors had to do with not finding (the correct version of) Jacobi.Vst.Interop.

Remember that all assemblies are signed (unless you build the code yourself).

Have fun.