I am trying to determine what the minimum files required to deploy a VST.Net written plug-in on end-user's computer.
Assuming I had a plugin named "myplugin.dll", my understanding so far is that I would need to deploy:
- Microsoft.VC90.CRT package
- .Net Framework?
Is this correct?
Oct 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM
2. Jacobi.Vst.Framework.dll (assuming you built your plugin on the framework, otherwise you can leave it out).
3. MyPlugin.dll (which is Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll renamed to your plugin)
4. MyPlugin.net.vstdll (your managed plugin, you might have more dependencies here to external libraries)
5. MyPlugin.dll.config (an optional configuration file for your plugin)
6. Microsoft.VC90.CRT package
7. .NET Framework 2.0
- assuming you only use .NET Framework 2.0 runtime features in your code.
You can use newer compilers but be sure of the .NET Framework you target in the project.
Hope it helps.