vst sampler plugins

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Hi guys,

I need a little help. can someone please show me how to store audio samples with the SampleManager class. This class, i have read, is used to record, playback and store audio samples. an example or two of how to particularly store audio samples will be very much appreciated. thanx

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Just open a file and write the samples (bytes) to disk. Make sure the format is always the same, so you read it back correctly.

I would not recommend saving samples to the plugin chunk (Get/SetChunk). Some hosts are really picky about the length of the chunk.

Hope it helps.
Marc 

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Hi Obiwanjacobi, thanx for the help. but can you be be a bit more explanative. i dont quite understand solution/suggestion. am i to put all my samples unter a named folder under C:// ? please help. thanx

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Sure. Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

Are you refering to the MidiNoteSampler sample application that contains the SampleManager class?

And where do you want to store the samples? (what purpose?)

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Yes, I am using the SampleManager class. I want to be able to store and play back my audio files. on the host (fl studio)

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Shall we continue this discussion here: http://vstnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=235577&ANCHOR#Post525311