VstPluginCategory

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Hi, thanx guys for what you are doing. I have a slight problem though. Please refer to the code below;

class MyPlugin : VstPluginWithInterfaceManagerBase  , IVstPlugin , IVstPluginMidiSource //, IVstPluginAudioProcessor
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Constructs a new instance.
        /// </summary>

public MyPlugin()
            : base("afrithm", new VstProductInfo("afrithm", "Hochshule Deggendorf (c) 2010", 1000),
                VstPluginCategory.Synth, VstPluginCapabilities.NoSoundInStop, 0, 0x36373435)

this constructor is suppose to set the plugin as a synth/sampler (in my case a sampler). unfortunately i am not able to load it in a channel (FL studio) but rather as an effect.

is there something i haven't done?

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM

My guess is that you don't implement the IVstMidiProcessor interface. http://vstnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/50709#191278

And if you're not processing midi, you cant be an instrument. ;-)

BTW: The IVstPluginMidiSource interface is a marker interface (with one property) to indicate that the plugin outputs midi to the host. A sampler or instrument would not typically do that.

Hope it helps.
Marc.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Hi, thanx very much. i implemented IVstMidiProcesor and every thing seem to be ok now. thanx again