Cubase not finding plugin on update

Topics: Host Compatibility, Plugin Development
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Hi, I have my ,net plugin working well in Cubase, It finds it and it runs fine but there is one weird thing - if I go to the plugin list in the cubase settings and select update plugins Cubase does a rescan but this time I get an error from the runtime dll saying the .vstdll cannot be found. It sounds like a path issue to me i.e. the working directory set differently?
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
If you put all assemblies into one folder it should work.

Could you paste in the error?
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. In the folder I have the following:

Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll
VstTester.dll
VstTester.net.vstdll

where VstTester is my plugin name.

As I say it works fine in Cubase unless I go to Devices / Plug in information and press Update then I get the error:

VST.NET Error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find the managed VST plugin assembly with either the .net.dll or .net.vstdll extension.
at
Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName)
at
Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssemblyByDefaultName(String interopAssemblyPath)
at
etc. let me know if you want more as it goes on
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. In the folder I have the following:

Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll
VstTester.dll
VstTester.net.vstdll

where VstTester is my plugin name.

As I say it works fine in Cubase unless I go to Devices / Plug in information and press Update then I get the error:

VST.NET Error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find the managed VST plugin assembly with either the .net.dll or .net.vstdll extension.
at
Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName)
at
Jacobi.Vst.Core.Plugin.ManagedPluginFactory.LoadAssemblyByDefaultName(String interopAssemblyPath)
at
etc. let me know if you want more as it goes on
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Odd.

You could try to load in the VST code solution then attach VS debugger to Cubase -break on all exceptions- and retry the operation.
Perhaps you can see what is missing or what the call sequence is...