Problem to load plugin into CUbase 5

Topics: Exception, Newbie, Plugin Development
Mar 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Hi Guys,
I have an issue to load the Delay sample Plugin into Cubase 5...

What I ve done :

Created a folder c:\testplugins\
I took Jacobi interop assembly and rename it to MyDelay.dll
I took compiled assembly from your sample Delay and renamed it to MyDelay.net.dll
I also put in here Jacobi core and Jacobi Framework assemblies
(because just drag and drop these assemblies into C:\windows\assemblies does not work to me )

cubase gives me this error message

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Try to use the binaries from the download. That way we can focus on how Cubase discovers its plugins and not be hindered by possible other problems. Once you have successfully loaded a VST.NET stock sample plugin, you can try to load your own plugin.

I think Cubase uses a plugins directory (in Program Files?) that need to contain the plugins? Make a sub-folder there to store the assemblies and trigger a rescan of the plugins in Cubase - Cubase will re-evaluatie all the plugins in that plugins folder.

(Or) If you have to point to the plugin by hand (from Cubase) make sure you point to the renamed interop assembly (MyDelay.dll) and not the .net.dll - it will be looking for specific exported methods that are just not present on the managed plugin assembly.

Hope it helps.
Marc
Mar 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM
seems that I did something wrong during compilation of your samples

I ve changed the build framework version from .net 4 to .net 2 for Winform and .net 3,5 to WPF. And Right now I can confrim the version for WPF and for Winform work correctly with CUbase 5. I run CorePlugin and also Delay samples... Thx for help...
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Excellent. Now you can start to change things. Try to change one thing at a time. That way you know that the last thing you did was why it doesn't work anymore ;-)

Have fun
Marc