This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Getting samples working

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Hi!

This project looks like a brilliant idea, and I thought creating a bit of an arpeggiator would be a good exercise.

I've been having a poke around trying to get one of the samples running. In the https://vstnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Source/Samples/Jacobi.Vst.StereoMelter/UI/PluginEditorView.Designer.cs file there seem to be no controls, although the code file refers to various ones like label1, trackbar1 etc. Is there another copy of the file? I figured I could recreate controls with those names, but what they were called etc would be fun to work out :)

The other samples didn't seem to want to load - I put the various DLL's into FL studio's VST folder (I wasnt sure if the wrapper DLL or the others were consumable by the host, but they all said there was a loading problem). Any tips welcome...

Anyway, well done!
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM
The Melter sample is still under construction. Don't use it.

Make sure you have the correct platform (32/64 bits) dll's. Match the host's - not the OS. If that doen't work, post the error message (Ctrl+Shift+C).

Take a look at the MidiMapper sample - it works with Midi in- and out. Sounds like that is what you will be needing.

Hope it helps,
Marc
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for that. I've checked they are both 32 bit. Unfortunately FL is not specific about what went wrong with the plugin. I'll keep digging around. Cheers
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Tell me the steps that you have taken to load the sample plugins. Perhaps I can tell you what you're forgetting/doing wrong...
I assume FL can handle a separate folder for each plugin...
  • Create a Folder under the location FL scans for plugins
  • Copy in the Jacobi.Vst.Core and Jacobi.Vst.Framework dlls
  • Copy in the two files that always make up a VST.NET plugin for the sample you wish to test
    • the .dll (that is just a renamed copy of Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll)
    • the .net.vstdll that is the managed dll (renamed to a different extension)
Hope it helps,
Marc
Jul 4, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Marc,

Thanks so much for building this framework. It looks amazing. However, I am also struggling to get the samples working. This is what I've done.
•Copy in the two files that always make up a VST.NET plugin for the sample you wish to test
◦the .dll (that is just a renamed copy of Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll)
◦the .net.vstdll that is the managed dll (renamed to a different extension)

I know that it's something to do with renaming DLLs, but I don't quite follow...
Jul 4, 2015 at 3:13 AM
Fuck yeah! I got the Delay plugin working. It's really simple. Here's a picture of the files needed:

Link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=47321C0630B57E1D!4853&authkey=!AIK2fYF5bc_3c1Q&ithint=file%2cpng

The only trick to this is is that
Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Delay.dll is actually just Jacobi.Vst.Interop.dll renamed.

Now to write some plugins!
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM
I love it when users go from I don't follow to its real simple... ;-)