This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Midi mapper in Ableton live

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Well hello

First thanks for this project  the idea of using wpf in vst plugins  brought me here

I trying do get midi mapper vst to work in ableton but with no success.

i have downloaded newest source compiled it.

I debugged it and it seems midi processor is never called. 

So is it  me or is it ableton ?

Thanks for your time"

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Search the discussion list for other posts about Ableton Live. Some issues have already been discussed.

If you have retrieved the latest source code and build that, you can use the new Trace feature (refer to app.config in Interop). Create a config file next to the host .exe and give it the exact same name with an added .config postfix (like vsthost.exe.config). Replace the [PluginName] placeholder with the name of your plugin (assembly file name - without extensions). You should be able to see what methods are called in the interop layer and what return values we provided by the plugin. Perhaps that will bring you new insights.

I've recently added deprecated member support but that has not been tested yet. So its possible a bug is doing this.

TIP: Make sure (by debugging) the WantMidi() method is called on the Host (deprecated) interface in the implementation of Resume of the plugin root class (Framework.Plugin).

I'm a little short on time right now but let me know how you do and I will try to aid you as best as I can (and time permits).

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Ok i report you back that i managed to get it work.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM

@algorytm:

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am using Ableton Live 6, I was able to get the Delay demo working without too much trouble but like you am unable to get the MidiMapper to work.

EDIT:

I added throw System.ApplicationException() to the Process() override within audio processor and found that the plugin didn't crash when in use. Would suggest that either Ableton is not sending midi or something's wrong with the example?

There appear to be certain similarities with http://vstnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=72016 However in this case Process() was being called in both the audio and midi processors.