This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VSTi support by AdobeAudition 3.0

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM
I don't know if it is a good place for this topic, but I must try. Sorry I'm not using .NET, but only SDK in C++, but I think the problem does not depend on the programming method. What do you think what could be the reason for accepting/refusing some VSTi's by Adobe Audition 3.0? I tried to load a Steinberg's sample "VstXSynth" and AA doesn't want to load it. It appears as "Unsupported". This plugin works correctly on VSTHost (and I think it does on other well-made hosts, too). I compared VSTXSynth with AA3 plugins and with Addictive Drums sampler and there aren't any important differences in specification (number of programs, i/o channels, flags IsSynth/ProcessReplacing etc.), so I don't know what could be the reason for unsupporting this example plug-in. VSTXSynth doesn't have editor, but non-editor VST (effects) plugins are supported by AA3. I think it's only the issue of a simple parameter, which disqualifies Steinberg's plugin by AA3. I removed a lot of code from this plugin and now it does really nothing and still it is unsupported. In the init section there is only: if (audioMaster) { setNumInputs (0); setNumOutputs (2); canProcessReplacing (); isSynth (); setUniqueID ('DrRF'); } It's quite strange because I think that commercial Steinberg's instruments work correctly with AA3, but the example from SDK doesn't. Thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Perhaps the KVR Audio forum would be more appropriate to ask this question.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Hope it helps. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM
I found solution. Plugin have to have editor (effFlagsHasEditor flag set).