This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using Editor Window to set parameters

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hi,

Im trying to implement a simple host program that will allow a user to load a set plugin and adjust the parameters using the editor window. I have got a VSTi loaded and midi data passed to it with audio out, but if i adjust the parameters using the editor window it has no effect. How do I link the editor controls to the actual parameters of the plugin? I have looked at the functions in PluginCommandStub and it only seems possible to set manually?

Sgt.Perm

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM

If you use: PluginCommandStub.EditorOpen(IntPtr hWnd) method it should work.

Are you sure you are using the same instance of PluginCommandStub for EditorOpen and ProcessReplacing calls?

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM

If the plugin supports an editor it is NOT the job of the host to connect the changes in the editor UI to the parameters of the plugin. It IS the job of the Host to supply a default UI for plugins without editors (but with parameters) to allow the user to change those parameters.

If you're sure you're using the same instance (like Yuri said) for calls to Process (audio/midi) and opening the editor window, I would suggest you try another plugin (perhaps one of the samples?) to make sure its not a mallfunction in the plugin itself.

You can also try to set the parameters programmatically using the Get/SetParameter methods to test if the plugin respsonds to those.

Hope it helps,
Marc

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Also, some plugins requires that you call EditorIdle periodically to enable their UI animation.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi thanks for the advice i have got the editor to work now and can adjust the parameters on it using the setParameter method.

Once again thanks for the help