This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to build from source code?

Topics: Build
Feb 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM

First of all i'd like to thank  obiwanjacobi for his great work.

I've already done my vst plugin in C++ with VSTGUI. Now i want to move to C# and use WPF.

I found possible to use WPF by using "WindowsFormsIntegration" reference. But that "needs" Clr4 build. I've read some posts and figured out that I must build binaries myself from build 63261. I've downloaded it and now i have some difficulties. I tried to execute automatic scripts such as "BuildAndPackageRTM.cmd" but it failed. I figured out that MSbuild was not recognisable so I executed it again from VS2010 from it's command prompt and got errors like this:

CSC : error CS2001: Nie można odnaleźć pliku źródłowego "..\..\..\..\..\..\_AssemblyInfo\AssemblyInfo.General.cs". [C:\Users\Tomek\Downloads\vstnet-63261\Source\Code\Jacobi.Vst.Core\Jacobi.Vst.Core.csproj]

"Nie można odnaleźć pliku źródłowego" stands for "Can't find source file"

Sorry for my bad english.

I've read other discussions and saw that people managed to build it somehow. Any help would be usefull. Please help me.

Regards,

Tomek

edit1:

I just find out that there is info how to build on homepage...

edit2:

Sorry.. I can't do it :( As far as I understand I have to make Jacobi.snk file and AssemblyInfo.General.cs/cpp files. But I don't know how. I think that if someone would tell me how to "generate" this files properly, my problems would dissapear

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Follow these instructions: http://vstnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Building%20the%20Source%20Code

Check back here if you have any problems.

Hope it helps.

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I was reading it over and over again but constantly leaving "Visual Studio Express editions" section. I wanted to get it started so quickly that i was leawing some necessary parts. I have VS2010 ultimate from my university so i though that this section is not important for me... i was sorely mistaken.

I tried everything except that what You wrote there.... I wasted hours and read tons of informations, and what should i do was going step by step and doing everything as You wrote..

Lesson i learned today: Read EVERYTHING before trying to do something because "If you don't know what are you doing, such things are happening, that you don't know what's going on"

Please delete this topic because it only clutters your website. :)