This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

alright this will seem ridiculous but...

Topics: Audio, Build, Getting Started, My, Newbie, Other, Plugin Development, Plugin Parameters, Plugin Programs
Apr 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM
But... Well I've gotten the templates to build and load in Reaper just fine, even got some effects and midi implementations working!

But.. this seems ridiculous - even though I changed the string constants for the plugin name / vendor name, I even replaced the constructor in Plugin.cs with my own using literal constants - yet still, at least in Reaper, regardless if I select the midi or audio plugin template, when I go to select the plugin to load it always shows "MyPlugIn(MyVendor)" in the plugin list..

I have searched the entire project for these strings, they are nowhere to be found, at least by me yet..

I am using C# express 2010, and using the pre-built binaries for x86... What am I doing wrong? Do I need to rebuild one or some of the core components?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Hi,

First you do not need to rebuild any of the VST.NET components. The name of your plugin is provided by the VstProductInfo class in your plugin root class (that implements IVstPlugin). So if you've changed that then its something else.

Almost always it is an old copy of a previous build -or- it is a cached value in the host. To fix the first simply remove ALL of your plugin dll's on your entire system (if you renamed the project or the assembly file make sure you search for these old names as well). Then simply rebuild and deploy to the host (folder?). To fix the second let the host do a full rescan of all plugins. Usually there is an option there. If you have removed all your plugin assemblies (step 1) then start up the host to see if it still see's it - if so, do a rescan. If not, you know it's is not caching the info.

Hope it helps,
Marc
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Sigh. Yep, that was it - thank you for your quick reply! Remnants of previous attempts in another folder were causing this - and oddly enough actually preventing another problem (the interop wasn't actually being copied over properly for my new plugin)

Thanks, all working great now!
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM
No problem, we've all been there ;-)