This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Trying to install the extension...

Topics: Newbie
Mar 9, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Hello,
i am trying to install the vst.net extension under VB.NET express 2010, but i cannot find that in the extension manager online search and i don't know how to install it manually.
How to solve?

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM
I am sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying. Could you please tell us exactly what you have done?
  • What are trying to accomplish?
  • Do you want to develop plugins?
  • How did you download/install VST.NET?
    etc.
Thanx.
Mar 9, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Hello,
In the documentation is written to try to install vst.net from the extension manager, but in my vb.net 2010 it does not find the extension online.
So i tried to download the vst.net zip file but i was wondering how to "add" it in vb.net and if there is any documentation or tutorial.
I hope it clarifies if not please tell me :)

Thanks
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Hello,
I am sorry, I was writing from my phone and I wasn't clear enough.
So:
  • Yes, I want to write plugins
  • I am trying to install vst.net, but I don't know how to do it, since in my VB.NET express 2010 extension manager it is not possible to find the vst.net extension
  • I am searching for beginner tutorials, if there are any
Thanks very much.
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:10 AM
Ah, ok - got it.

The VST.NET binaries are available from nuget in 32 bit and 64 bit.

If you just download the binaries from codeplex then you just unpack the zip in a location of your choice on your file system and reference those assemblies in you project. Always a good idea to copy in the actual 3rd party dependencies (assemblies) into your project (solution) folder.

There are 3 assemblies that make VST.NET that's it. If you have those in your project (no matter how you've installed them) then you're good to go.

FYI: There are also a VB sample plugins in the source tab.

There is a Visual Studio C# project template package available from the Visual Studio gallery. This allows you to get started quickly with a new project and features a working effect and midi plugin. Maybe you can convert the C# project to VB?

Hope it helps.
Marked as answer by nam91_ on 3/9/2016 at 3:42 AM
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:42 AM
obiwanjacobi wrote:
Ah, ok - got it.

The VST.NET binaries are available from nuget in 32 bit and 64 bit.

If you just download the binaries from codeplex then you just unpack the zip in a location of your choice on your file system and reference those assemblies in you project. Always a good idea to copy in the actual 3rd party dependencies (assemblies) into your project (solution) folder.

There are 3 assemblies that make VST.NET that's it. If you have those in your project (no matter how you've installed them) then you're good to go.

FYI: There are also a VB sample plugins in the source tab.

There is a Visual Studio C# project template package available from the Visual Studio gallery. This allows you to get started quickly with a new project and features a working effect and midi plugin. Maybe you can convert the C# project to VB?

Hope it helps.
Nov 6, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Got simmilar propblem. i'm trying to convert samples from ASIO4ALL driver. events propertys says that i've int32lsb samples format. could any body give me an examlpe how do i convert this to format common in VST(as in understand its doubles in range of -1.0..1.0) using jacobi ocnverters?
Nov 18, 2016 at 1:23 AM
You need to convert the ranges. If your original value is in the range of [0, Int32.MaxValue] after conversion it should sit between [-1.0d, 1.0d]. There's usually more to it than that. Int32lsb doesn't give much information about your source samples. It isn't even a native type in .Net framework. You should be looking for an interleaved float/double/integer array that has to be converted to a multi-dimension float/double array in Vst.Net. I have a couple post on this forum on how to do it for NAudio and PortAudio.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2016 at 7:43 AM
I'm sorry that I'm late to react. Codeplex had some problems with notification email and I only just saw Yuri's answer.

Perhaps this sample download may be of use?
https://vstnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/122820

Hope it helps.
Nov 22, 2016 at 4:38 AM
Just to be clear, you won't find a ready made function for your specific use case in an existing library.

If you are using NAudio these thread should get you started:
https://vstnet.codeplex.com/discussions/228692
https://vstnet.codeplex.com/discussions/544000

Complete example for PortAudio:
https://vstnet.codeplex.com/discussions/246206