This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VST.NET Hello World Sample

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Greetings,

I just want a simple sample of how to use vst.net and C# to show a form which contains a button then after pressing this button it will show a messagebox contains "Hello World" for example !

thanks in advance !

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hi Hazem,

There is no sample that does that exactly but the MidiNoteMapper sample shows you how to display a form as well does the CorePlugin (but does not use the Framework).

Download the documentation (.chm) and follow the "Getting Started" section to setup a plugin skeleton. Refer to the provided samples to add an implementation of the IVstPluginEditor interface and startup a form.

Good luck.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Thanks obiwanjacobi for the reply..

I've built my dll, but I want to know how "Nuedno" for example knows how to execute my plygin, what do I have to implement to make this dll run and show me a form ?

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:27 PM

BTW, Nuedno can't recognize MidiNoteMapper sample, why ?

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:45 PM

It's all good,

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM
You can go back to your previous plugin and try to set the number of audio inputs and outputs to a non-zero number (its in the ctor of the base class of the AudioProcessor class). Perhaps Nuendo expects a plugin to always do audio. The base class will pass audio from input to output without change.

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:45:42 -0800
Subject: Re: VST.NET Hello World Sample [vstnet:78934]

It's all good,
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email vstnet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.