This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Loading existing unmanaged plugins

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Hello to every one...

When I try to load an unmanaged plugin (for example ColossusVST.dll and others existing unmanaged VSTs) with the Jacobi.Vst.Samples.Host program I get this five exception messages:
1. "SystemArgumentException: Can not find the requested value 'receiveVstTimeInfo'..."
2. "SystemArgumentException: Can not find the requested value 'asyncProcessing'..."
3. "SystemArgumentException: Can not find the requested value 'supplyIdle'"
4. "SystemArgumentException: Can not find the requested value 'supportShell'"
5. "SystemArgumentException: Can not find the requested value 'editFile'"

do you know why? or maybe you have some application example that loads an unmanaged VST.

Your help will be very grateful.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I think we're looking at CanDo strings the plugin is requesting from the host, correct? (would help if you post one call stack trace)

I see the code just uses the VstHostCanDo enum to parse incoming values. That is a bug. 

Thanx for posting.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:30 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:00 AM
Checkout the latest source code. I've changed the CanDo method to receive a string and the exceptions should not happen anymore. If they do, please let me know. Hope it helps.
Jan 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I tested the latest source code and it works fine, the exceptions do not happen.

thanks for the update.